Updated May 2018
BUNK Hotels Amsterdam B.V., BUNK Hotels Utrecht B.V. (hereafter called “BUNK”), having its office address at Hagedoornplein 2, 1031BV in Amsterdam (The Netherlands), has prepared this privacy statement (“Statement”) to inform you of the privacy principles that govern its website, which includes bunkhotels.com and other BUNK websites (collectively the “website”), the BUNK app and/or products and services offered by BUNK (the “Services”). While some functionality of the BUNK Services can be accessed without registering for an account, such as browsing and learning more about its different locations, you need an account for additional functionality.
BUNK has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of its customers and visitors to its website, including respecting your concerns about privacy. BUNK understands that you may have questions about how this website collects and uses the information that you provide to BUNK. If, after reviewing this Statement, you have any questions or privacy concerns please contact BUNK at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BUNK Website and Services are not intended for persons under the age of 18 and BUNK does not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 16, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you.
This website does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse it nor request pages from its servers unless you voluntarily and knowingly provided it to BUNK. This means that BUNK will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the website unless you access the website from a link in an email that was sent. If you access the website from an email link from BUNK, they will know who you are based on the information you previously supplied to them.
In addition, when you request a page from the BUNK website, the servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. BUNK collects the HTTP request header information in order to make the website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on it. BUNK also use this information to personalize content presented to you, to better understand how visitors use the website and how to better tune its contents and functionality to meet your needs.
BUNK may collect information that you provide to use the BUNK services, for example when you register, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information when you use the Services. This may include your name, gender, age, country of residence, email address and social media names, credit card details, phone number, and booking preferences.
Other information about your use of the Services not knowingly provided to BUNK, but collected via analytics functionality in the Services may be: general usage information, including recent browser history (as sent by your browser) and IP-addresses.
BUNK does not collect any details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Nor does it collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
BUNK requires information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Order processing, including sharing limited information with payment gateway providers.
- BUNK periodically sends promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information that BUNK thinks you may find interesting.
- From time to time, to contact you via e-mail for market research purposes, such as a survey or contest.
- To customize the website according to your preferences.
- To improve products and services in a general manner, using aggregated reporting.
Information is stored for up to 2 years
BUNK has the intention to only send you email communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. BUNK typically uses third party email service providers to send emails. If you choose to, you can use the bunkhotels.com website to opt-in to email communication. To unsubscribe click the Unsubscribe link that is included in each email at anytime. You can also email BUNK at email@example.com and BUNK will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
No permission is needed to take photos or film at the BUNK properties. However, you are requested to seek permission if photographing or filming other guests not part of your group. Verbal consent is solicited as a goodwill gesture.
On occasions, BUNK may commission crews to film or take photographs at the properties for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, you are required to voluntarily leave the filming or photography area.
BUNK has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects. This includes:
- Scanning its website on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to the site as safe as possible.
- Keeping your personal data behind secured networks and only making it accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Transmitting all sensitive/credit card information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. (All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on its servers.)
In the unlikely event that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, BUNK may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, BUNK will do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent your email address is known, BUNK may notify you by email.
EXPORT OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE EU
Since BUNK operates internationally, it may be necessary to transfer personal data to another company (such as partners and third-party service providers) in a country outside of the country where it was originally collected or outside of your country of residence or nationality. For some of business purposes, BUNK uses cloud-based services. Therefore it may be necessary that your personal data is transferred to servers located countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases BUNK ensures a similar degree of data protection is in place by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Personal data will only be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. See: European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- For certain service providers, BUNK uses specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. See European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- For providers based in the US, BUNK may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. See: European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- With your express consent or as otherwise lawfully permitted by the applicable data protection laws.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Some Services are offered to Users in conjunction with affiliates or third-party vendors, and BUNK may share Users’ e-mail addresses and other (limited) personal data of you with third-party vendors that are used for providing the Services to you. They may use this information only to provide BUNK with a specific service and not for any other purpose. They are bound to a privacy obligation with BUNK.
JOBS AT BUNK
BUNK uses tools hosted by third parties on their websites to collect information from individuals that wish to be considered for potential employment. BUNK will not use the information you provide for any purpose other than to allow you to conduct automated job searches or determine your qualifications for potential employment with BUNK IP Hotels. The third-party service providers are prohibited from using the information you provide for any purpose other than collecting it on behalf of BUNK.
The BUNK website uses “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is a small data file that can be placed on your device (computer, smart phone, tablet) when you visit certain Internet sites.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services. The BUNK website requires the use of a cookie throughout the online reservation process. Without cookies, BUNK will not be able to keep information you enter on multiple pages together. For example, unless bunkhotels.com can remember the dates you used in your hotel search, it will not be able to check room availability. Cookies also enable customization of the website and offerings to your needs and provide you with a better online experience on the website.
In addition, cookies are used to:
- Measure usage of various pages on the BUNK website to help make its information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access and;
- Provide functionality such as online reservations and other functionality that could be of interest and value to you.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Additional third-party cookies are placed when you use the BUNK Services. These are for example to track how long you stay on the site and to determine what region you come from.
- Google Analytics cookies: Only Google Analytics can store and read information with these cookies. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you may download a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for your browser by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook cookies: Only Facebook can store and read information with these cookies. See: http://facebook.com/help/cookies
- LinkedIn cookies: Only LinkedIn can store and read information with these cookies. See: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Youtube cookies: Only Youtube can store and read information with these cookies. See https://policies.google.com/privacy
This website is subject to laws of The Netherlands. By submitting your information to BUNK, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Access and control over most personal information on the Services is available through profile editing tools. If you want to know what information Bunk has about you, or if you believe that any information BUNK is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or by email at Info@BunkHotels.com. BUNK will assess and correct any information found to be incorrect. Provision of such information will be subject to proving your identity and full address with a utility bill and acceptable photo ID.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions (Conditions) set out the basis on which BUNK Hotels hereafter BUNK (as defined below) will provide accommodation and other products and services at its hotels to Customers (as defined below) and Guests (as defined below). By making a Booking (as defined below) the Customer agrees to comply with these Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Arrival Date” means the date on which the guests stay at the hotel is due to commence, as per the Booking Details
- “Booking” means the reservation by the Customer of accommodation and any other products and services detailed in the Booking which is accepted by BUNK.
- “Booking Details” means the details of the Booking including the number of Guests, the number of rooms required, the duration of the Guests’ stay at the Hotel and any other products and/or services to be included in the Booking.
- “Charges” means the charges payable by the customer in connection with the Booking.
- “Contract” means the contract between the Customer and BUNK. in relation to the Booking.
- “Customer” means person who makes the Booking.
- “BUNK” means BUNK Hotels Amsterdam B.V. or BUNK Hotels Utrecht B.V. or such other company in the same group of companies as BUNK Hotels Amsterdam B.V. or BUNK Hotels B.V. (that operates the Hotel).
- “Guests” means the Customer and any third parties they invite to the Hotel in connection with the Booking.
- “Hotel” means the hotel owned or operated by BUNK the location of which is specified in the Booking.
Please note that different terms and conditions may apply in relation to all online bookings via bunkhotels.com and affiliated websites, depending on the accommodation or rate type selected. Please read carefully the accommodation rate details that are provided before you make your booking. You are advised to check thoroughly the rate details before making your online reservation. This agreement governs bookings made by telephone and online. When requesting bookings, customers will be required to provide identification information including, but not limited to, their name, address, contact telephone number and email address.
No request for a booking should be deemed to be accepted unless and until BUNK confirms its acceptance and provides a booking reference, at which point the contract will come into existence. Any request to change the dates or length of stay or add products and/or services will be subject to availability and the customer paying for such increased length of stay and/or products and/or services at BUNK’s standard rates from time to time.
3. FEES AND PAYMENT
The charges will be as quoted by BUNK to the customer upon the customer’s request for a booking. Unless otherwise agreed by BUNK, the charges only cover the provision of accommodation at the hotel and the customer may incur additional charges including, without limitation, charges for meals, drinks, art, use of shop, late check out (the “Additional Charges”). Customers will be informed of the amount of the additional charges before they are incurred.
Bookings will be subject to the customer: making payment of the charges in full in advance or paying a booking fee and/or deposit; and providing valid Debit or Credit Card details via which payment of the charges or the balance of the charges (as the case may be) and any additional charges can be taken at check in at the hotel or at the time of booking. If not prepaid in full at time of booking the balance of the charges must be paid by the customer immediately on checking in at the hotel. Any additional charges must be paid either as they are incurred or, at BUNK’s option, upon the customer checking out at the hotel.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
BUNK accepts the following payment methods:
- Diners Club
- American Express
- V PAY
- Cash (in restaurant only)
We have 2 types of rates; flexible and non-refundable. For the flexible rates cancelling your reservation is OK but you must tell us by 12pm one day before you were booked to arrive unless we specify otherwise when you’re booking. If you cancel your reservation after 12pm, one day before arrival, we’ll charge you 1 night’s room and taxes. Peak periods may have additional cancellation restrictions, but we’ll tell you about those when you book with us. With a non-refundable rate you are not able to change or cancel your stay and thus you will be charged for 100% of the costs.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS
Valid credit card details are requested when making a booking in order to guarantee your reservation. A non-refundable rate will be fully charged at time of booking.
- The Customer may cancel the Booking without charge if notice is given to BUNK at least 24 hours prior to 1400 hours (local time) on the Arrival Date. In which case BUNK will refund to the Customer all sums paid by the Customer in advance.
- Where the Customer has been offered a discounted rate on condition that the Booking becomes non-refundable upon cancellation then, provided the Customer has been informed of such Condition, in the event of cancellation of the Booking, all Charges applicable to that Booking remain payable in full.
- Where the Customer fails to give sufficient notice of cancellation as mentioned above or fails to arrive (no show) at the Hotel, the entire Booking will be deemed cancelled and the Customer must pay the Hotel an amount equivalent to the Charges applicable to the first’ night’s stay at the Hotel.
- BUNK may at any time cancel a Booking if the Hotel becomes unavailable due to circumstances outside BUNK’s control in which case BUNK will pay the Customer a full refund of any Charges and any booking fee paid.
- BUNK may at any time cancel the Booking if the payment details provided by the Customer are invalid and the Customer fails to provide alternative valid details.
- To be sure what rules apply to your booking, login to your personal BUNK account.
- Please note: Changes in date or number of nights can lead to different rates and are subject to availability. A booking of 6+ rooms/beds is considered a group booking. For group rates and bookings, contact BUNK directly at Stay@BunkHotels.com. Please note: Different terms & conditions and rates apply for group bookings.
5. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
Check-in time at the Hotel booked is from 2pm on the day of arrival. Arriving early? No problem. You can safely store your luggage in one of our spacious lockers. Check-in prior to 2pm may be available subject to prior arrangement with BUNK and subject to the full range of services and facilities at the hotel not being available until the standard check in time.
Regular check-out time at the hotel booked is 11 am. Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement with an additional charge and subject to availability. In the absence of such prior arrangement, failure to check-out by 11 am may result in the Customer being charged for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable rate. All incidental charges must be settled upon checkout. If you want to stay longer, you can always ask for availability at the hosts.
6. HOTEL RULES
- Valid photo identification in the form of a Driver License or Passport is required at check-in.
- Customers are required to conduct themselves and ensure that their Guests conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at the Hotel and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the Hotel in which event all Charges and Additional Charges shall become immediately payable by the Guest.
- These are a non-smoking hotels as per Dutch law. You can have a cigarette outside. Please notice that smoking pot is also prohibited in outside public areas. We have to charge a minimum deep-clean fee of €250 if you smoke in your BUNK.
- Because BUNK will be your second home, you will likely bring personal belongings to the public areas. We will do our best to keep an eye on them. The Customer will be responsible for any loss or damage caused at the Hotel by Guests or visitor of the Guest. The Guest may be liable for BUNK’s reasonable cost of repairing, cleaning or replacing any property of BUNK which is damaged, soiled or lost by a Guest.
- A safe is provided in all BUNK Hotels to store personal items. BUNK cannot be held liable for any items taken from the safe. For larger items you can rent one of our larger lockers – also here, BUNK cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of any goods.
- Guests who are under 18 cannot stay in shared hostel (BUNK Pods) accommodation, however they can stay in private BUNK Rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years and using existing bedding. A 50% discount is applied on breakfast for children under 12 years old. Breakfast for children under 4 years of age is free of charge.
- The maximum length of stay in the shared hostel (BUNK Pods) is 12 nights in a row.
- No animals are allowed in the Hotel with the exception of guide dogs. But we do have Robin: The ‘holy’ father of BUNK. Please take care of him when you see him wondering around in the alleys, looking for inspiration for a new concept.
- BUNK does not accept bookings made by those under the age of 16. Under 18’s cannot stay in the BUNK Pods, however they can stay in the BUNK Rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in automatic Cancellation with no refund given
- BUNK cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage as a consequence of the client’s use of the BUNK Rooms or BUNK Pods and public areas, including and without limitation, damages, and losses because of fire, robbery or criminal behaviour.
- BUNK cannot be held liable for death, injury to a person, loss of, or damage to any property of any person staying/visiting BUNK.
- BUNK cannot be held liable for any damages caused by third parties
- The person booking the reservation is responsible for any direct or indirect damage of the BUNK Rooms or BUNK Pods and public areas and loss of any of its contents.
- We expect everyone staying at BUNK to take all reasonable care of BUNK property. Please report any damage, loss or improper cleanliness of your BUNK Room or BUNK Pod, as we want to fix it as soon as possible to make you feel right at home. In addition, this will prevent you from being held responsible for any damage or loss during or after your stay.
- In the case of leaving your BUNK Room or BUNK Pod or any other area on BUNK property with any damage, missing of items or heavy pollution, your credit card provided at check-in or booking can be charged for the associated costs.
- The Customer agrees that BUNK is only supplying its facilities, products and services to the Customer for private use and have no liability to the Customer for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.